Smartie Pants Cookies are a colourful and fun treat! They are great to make with your little ones, and can be made for your next little party!
makes: 24 | prep time: 0:20 | cook: 0:20
125g unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 cup of Smarties
- Preheat oven to 180c, and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter, castor and brown sugar into the bowl of electric mixer, and beat until creamy.
- Add egg and mix in, until it is well combined.
- Fold in flour with a large spoon.
- Roll into 24 dessert sized balls.
- Place onto your prepared baking tray, then flatten down to 1cm thickness. Make sure you leave room between each cookie, to allow room for spreading.
- Press 6 smarties into each flattened cookie.
- Place the trays in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, then cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.