Anzac biscuits are an Aussie classic! Celebrate our National Day of Remembrance with these tasty treats.
makes: 12 | prep time: 0:20 | cook: 0:12
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
150g unsalted butter, chopped
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Heat oven to 180c.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the bicarb soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons of water to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble up, remove from the heat.
- Pour golden syrup mix into the dry ingredients, mix together until fully combined.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, press down on the top to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.