Children love a good party! My eldest son, Jack counts down the days till his big day! There is so much excitement and anticipation that builds up around the celebration. Creating a fun and memorable party for the little ones in your life can be an easy and a joyful experience when you are organised.
I really do believe organisation is the key to success and keeps you ahead of the game. With that in mind I have created ten steps with some helpful tips along the way to create a fun and fabulous little party!
- decide on the party date and time.
- choose a location.
- choose a theme.
- book entertainment.
- create a guest list and order invitations. I recommend ordering invitations or creating them yourself at least six weeks prior to the party and sending them three weeks prior. School aged children take great delight in hand delivering their invitations.
- choose your decorations including a table setting, balloons, and the food table. Start with a color scheme, and then go wild from there! The internet is a fabulous source of suppliers for party decorations. A statement backdrop is a must, it will give your food table the wow-factor. Balloons are a great way to bring a theme and color scheme together. Jumbo balloons filled with confetti look fabulous!
- book a photographer or create a fun photo booth. You have spent so much time and effort in creating a fabulous little party make sure you capture all the fun memories with beautiful photos. You can opt to book a professional photographer, or ask a talented family or friend to take some photos of the big day.
- book a caterer or design a menu and write a shopping list. Be aware of any little party guests that may have food allergies or special dietary requirements. We tend to always ensure there is a vegetarian and gluten free option should a little party guest forget to tell you prior. I also highly recommend you avoid using nuts when designing your menu. There are so many kids party food options, a good balance of healthy and “sometimes food” is always appreciated by parents.
- order a cake or find one you would like to bake and decorate. The Australian Women’s Weekly has been making cakes for over 80 years, and their cookbook has reached an iconic status in the hearts, minds and memories of all Australians. I still hold very fond memories of my eighth birthday cake created by Mum, inspired by….you guessed it The Australian Women’s Weekly Children’s Birthday Cake Book.
- organise party bags and thank you cards. Party bags are always a big hit at children’s parties! You can fill them with all sorts of goodies! You can get creative with this and provide your little party guests with something unique like an iced cookie, a toy, a plant, a framed photo of the little party guest with the birthday boy or girl.
…or you could save yourself a whole lot of time and effort and contact my little party australia! I understand that birthday party planning can become overwhelming. I would love to help you! Racing about with children in tow to create a party is a thing of the past. Contact my little party australia for a fuss-free and fabulous party experience for you and your little one!